BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TEENAGER GRIPE SESSION

Okay I accept it! So, I have a 15 year old son, Andrew that is just going to be the end of me. That's the bottom line. Drew-man has the most beautiful heart and smile for that matter, but really I couldn't ask for a more considerate, gentle, caring, thoughtful (etc.) son. Just as charming and sweet as can be, but when it comes to school . . . boy, oh boy! I mean the issues that can arise just from one itty-bitty part of this kid's life are ridiculous. I just want good grades, is that really too much to ask for. Wow! I sound like my mom . . . scary! Who cares though! This is his future, I just want him to do good for himself. He is so smart, but refuses to apply himself for a long period of time. I can only get these little spurts of effort from him. This makes me even more frustrated because he proves that he can do it, if he is in the mood! On top of everything else, he makes himself ineligible to play sports. So he really misses out. I really wish he would get his head on straight and make better decisions for himself. This is the summer lesson I will be working on for my big beautiful guy.

Oh and don’t get me started on those little teen girls . . . ugh! That is a whole ‘nother post! Well ‘til then . . . thanks for listening, or reading, my little gripe fest. Much appreciated.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hang in there, hun! But no wonder those girls won't leave him alone, you've got a hottie on your hands!!

Aunt Marie said...

B - Am I going through the exact same problem with Brandon. I wish I knew how to make him understand how important his grades are. And I know he can do it, he's been in the honor society in the past. He's just so lazy! If you find something that works, let me know :-)

Doing It Reyes! said...

Just know, that we all know you are doing the best you can and that's all you can do. We will support you anyway we can! Hang in there Sister. It will work out. It always does. You guys are in my prayers!

Patsy said...

B-I feel your pain. You just have to stay on top of it till the end of senior year & you and Juan can high 5 each other like Coach and I did, twice! 2 out of 4 - 50% not that good of a grade either. But in the long run I have 4 wonderful daughters